Directions and map to Soi Dog (Phuket)
167/9 Moo 4
Soi Mai Khao 10
Tambon Mai Khao, Amphur Talang
Phuket 83110, Thailand
If you're coming from south of Soi Dog (the majority of Phuket is south of Soi Dog):
- Head north on the main highway on Phuket which leads towards the mainland (Thepkasattri Road, or Road 402; often called the Airport Road).
- Continue past the turnoff for the airport.
- Pass the Blue Canyon Country Club on your left.
- You will see a highway road sign reaading: "Soi Dog Foundation - 500 meters". After 500 meters turn left onto a small road (there is a gold domed mosque which is difficult to see on your right). Turn left onto this small road. (Road 4031). There is a sign above the road saying WAT MAI KHAO. There is also a sign to Soi Dog Foundation and one to Splash Jungle.
Note: this will be the 2nd left turn after you pass the Blue Canyon Country Club. The first left is a small road that takes you by the side of the airport runway.
- Follow this road for 2.8 Kilometers to a Y intersection. Take the right fork (there is a Soi Dog sign at this intersection)..
- Proceed 600 meters to the signed entrance to Soi Dog on your right.
If you're coming from north of Soi Dog (Khao Lak and other places that aren't on Phuket):
- Drive south on the main highway on Phuket (Thepkasattri Road, or Road 402). Don't turn at signs for D Varee, Holiday Inn, or Mai Khao.
- Look for a black and white highway sign on the left about making a U-turn to go to Soi Dog Foundation.
- Make the U-turn, and follow the directions above beginning at number 4.
Soi Dog's Phuket Shelter is open to visitors Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12 noon and 1 pm to 3:30 pm. Tours (which are highly recommended) begin at 9:30 am, 11 am, and 1:30 pm. We're closed to visitors on Saturday and Sunday.