Soi Dog Foundation's Mission Statement
To improve the welfare of dogs and cats in Thailand, resulting in better lives for both the animal and human communities, to end animal cruelty, and to ultimately create a society without homeless animals.
About Soi Dog Foundation
The story of Tai Chi, one dog, among literally thousands that people like you have helped tells the story of Soi Dog. Tai Chi was found lying in the gutter, severely malnourished and could not even stand. The first photo you see is of Tai Chi when he was first brought to the shelter. The second photo was taken a month later with his new, loving owner Ina.
Soi Dog Foundation is a not-for-profit, legally registered charitable organization in Thailand, the United States, Australia, the UK, France and Holland. Soi Dog helps the homeless, neglected and abused dogs and cats of Thailand, works to end the dog meat trade throughout the region, and responds to animal welfare disasters and emergencies. We aim to set an example for the Asian region on how to humanely reduce the number of unwanted dogs and cats through spaying and neutering, and to better the lives and living conditions of the stray dogs and feral cats of Asia.
De-sexing (Sterilization) has been proven to be the most effective way to help the animals. Soi Dog has reached a milestone of over 104,282 dogs and cats sterilized. Soi Dog is made up of people like you, all with a common goal of helping neglected and abused dogs & cats. If you would like to join Soi Dog by becoming a sponsor of a dog or cat, or as a volunteer please click on the links.
Please share Soi Dog with your friends...
To this end the Soi Dog Foundation has...
Soi Dog has reached a milestone of over 104,282 dogs and cats sterilized.
Thousands more have been treated for injury and disease by providing emergency and ongoing veterinary treatment for abused and neglected street dogs and cats. Note: Soi Dog does NOT provide commercial veterinary services.
We also feed hundreds of dogs and cats who live in temples, who have been rescued from the dog meat trade, and more.
How you can help
- Your financial support will make an immediate impact in helping the stray and neglected animals. The most effective way you can make a difference in the lives of these animals is by Sponsoring A Dog Or Cat Today.
- Soi Dog relies entirely on your donations to continue our work.
- You can make a regular monthly or one time donation to help the dogs and cats by clicking here: Donate Today.
- Donation Of Veterinary Supplies - veterinarians often contact Soi Dog regarding the donation of much needed medicines and equipment. Click here for additional details: Donation Of Veterinary Supplies
- Consider making a legacy gift to Soi Dog in your Will. Click here for information on: Soi Dog's Wills & Legacies Program
- You may wish to consider one of the above options as a gift to friends or family members. Soi Dog can send gift certificates to friends or family members as a personalized acknowledgement of your gift with a difference.
Soi Dog's charity registration numbers are: Thailand: Phor.Gor. 39/2548, registration number USA: 27-1600444 registration number Australia: 58982568831, charity registration number in Holland: 37120202, charity registration number in France: W332011412, charity registration number in the UK:1145142. (Pending charity registration in Canada)