Be a Flight Volunteer and be a Hero!
Want to be a hero on your next holiday/business trip to Thailand? Want tomake a difference to a dog or cat (or two) from Thailand? If the answer is “yes”, then please consider participating in Soi Dog’s flight volunteer program. Adopted animals travelling with a passenger as accompanied baggage cost considerably less to transport than if flown as cargo. Flight volunteers help reduce the cost of overseas adoptions and increase the chances of dogs and cats being sent to loving homes.
There are two main reasons why using flight volunteers to get the animals to their new homes is preferable to sending the animals as cargo:
• Less stress for the dog or cat as they can be with their flight volunteer right up until just before boarding time. When using cargo, the animal is checked in long before the flight leaves and is left in their crate for this time period.
• More cost effective: While Soi Dog covers all the costs of food and vet care for cats and dogs at our shelter, adopters pay for the expenses of sending them overseas. The cost of an animal flying with a passenger is generally far less than the cargo fees. By flying with a dog or cat, you can help an animal be adopted by someone who couldn’t afford the cargo costs.
All of the pre-flight arrangements for the animal are handled by Soi Dog. A Soi Dog representative will bring the animal to the airport, meet you there prior to your flight, and check the animal in. Upon arriving at your destination you will be met by the adopter. In other words, there is no work or expense on your part. Imagine the satisfaction you will feel when you see the animal first meet his or her new family!
A special note for those traveling to the UK: If returning to the UK there are additional considerations as regards flight volunteering. If your return destination is the UK please click here: UK Flight Volunteer Information
otherwise, if NOT returning to the UK please click here:
Let Somphon explain why YOU should be a Flight Volunteer...
If you have confirmed or tentative plans to travel to Phuket and are interested in being a flight volunteer, please follow the link below to register your interest.
Please inform Soi Dog of your interest as far in advance as possible as in some instances, such as for flights to Europe, three months’ notice may be required.
Please note the following when considering being a flight volunteer:
• Stopovers in other countries are not permitted. Transiting through other countries is allowed (e.g. to change planes, refuel, etc.)
• Flight volunteer opportunities are not available for travel to the UK as accompanied animals are not permitted to arrive at UK airports
• Flight volunteer opportunities are not available for travel to Australia and New Zealand as they require a six month quarantine for animals coming from Thailand
If you have not yet booked your ticket, Soi Dog can advise as to the airlines that fly to your destination and offer reduced rates.
If you have any questions or want further information, please fill out the flight volunteer form and write your questions in the Comments box. We will reply to you soon.
What To Expect When you Arrive at your Destination!